A Few of My Favourite Things....


New Friends! 

This is my seventh TWECS mission and am so delighted to part of this amazing team.  There are the Veterans that I have had the honour for them to be part of my life and become like family over the past 22 years.  And then there are the 
"newbies" which always bring such great energy and new dance moves, seriously that bring fresh inspiration and excitement to goal of serving the poorest of the poor. 
Along with our very cool team there are a few other my "favorite things " on this mission. 


New Shoes! 

After retiring my TWECS shoes 10 years old and 7 missions I was excited to buy a new pair. A Walmart special for $14.97 had been the most comfortable shoes ever. However,  after a few clinic days walking in the dirt they are not loking that new anymore. 



Puppies! 

I was so thrilled the first clinic day to be surrounded by furry friends.  I met Skipper who belonged to the very kind and generous family that opened up their entire home to hold our clinic .


Kidlets and Babies! 

I asked a mother if I could hold her baby while she was doing her visual acuity test. Thank you Mama! We were surrounded by numerous happy kidlets throughout the various locations we set up clinics. 

Fresh Eyes!

This is what we come for.

Susana age 67:

- knits delicate little booties for dolls
- near visual acuities 20/100

- +5.00 readers give her 20/20 close up

Maria age 27

- distance visual acuities 20/120 
- came in with broken glasses 
- dispensed -11.00 OU
- exit V/As 20/40

Selena:

- near VA's 20/200
- +5.50 readers gave her 20/20 

- distance VA's 20/100
- +3.00 glasses gave her 20/25


Andrei 13 year old student
- distance V/A's 20/60
- -1.50 gave him 20/20
- can see the blackboard now 



Hanging out with MRM!

A beautiful lady and great leader set out with a mission to  help as many poorest of the poor. 


Bren (AKA Agnes)

No comments:

Post a Comment