Dream come true




Lots of smiles and many registration forms later, we were ready to evaluate everyone.

I mainly worked in dispensing after registration. This was also where the magic happened. 
People that have waited for hours between station 1,2,3,4,5, were finally brought in to station 6 to try on glasses perhaps for the first time.
This was where I shed a tear today, dispensing glasses to this beautiful abuelita. 

After thanking me, she instantly pulled out her book and read for at least 15 min in station 6. She looked up at us once in a while with this gorgeous thankful smile and gratitude in her eyes.
What an amazing experience it was for my first my project. I'm totally thrilled to be part of such an amazing team! Julie Levesque












1 comment:

  1. This made me cry! I've done many missions and this is why. Great job, Peru Team.

    ReplyDelete